Certainly, you don’t need to be reminded that we are all contending with an unprecedented situation. The coronavirus pandemic continues to impact people all over the world and, sadly, the number of cases continues to rise each day. Here, in Ontario, we have approximately 600 of the more than 2,000 COVID-19 cases in Canada. And, as you know, our elderly population is most at risk of succumbing to this virus if it is contracted.
LifeCare Mobility Solutions provides essential services.
Earlier this week, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced that all non-essential businesses in the province would be shut down as of midnight last night. At LifeCare Mobility Solutions, we provide essential services to the members of our population who are most at risk during this pandemic. In addition, we provide solutions to those with disabilities and they simply cannot be put on hold until this pandemic has subsided.
Therefore, we have an obligation to be extra diligent in being careful to not transmit this virus. We remain open for business but will do so following the following procedures.
Please make note of our new business procedures.
1) Any member of our staff who displays any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 (such as fever, cough and shortness of breath) will not be working or have contact with any other member of our team.
2) Any member of our staff who, to his/her knowledge has come in contact with someone who may have COVID -19 will similarly not be working or have contact with any other member of our team.
3) At this time, we will try to avoid non-essential visits (such as annual maintenance) and, as much as possible, will try to walk through and resolve service issues on the phone (at no charge).
4) All of our staff will use a hand sanitizer or disinfect prior to entering and again upon leaving any customer’s home.
5) All of our staff will use a disinfectant on the demo products and tools they typically bring into a customer’s home.
6) Our staff will avoid shaking a customer’s hand and will try to maintain social distancing as much as possible.
7) Our staff will try to come into contact with as little in a customer’s home as possible and will ask each customer to come into contact with what we bring into the home as little as possible.
8) We will use disinfectant on the surfaces of the any stair lift we have installed or serviced.
9) We also request that any customer tell us if any member of his/her household has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
10) We suggest that any family with a particularly vulnerable member of their household keep that member away from any visitor of their home (including us) and the other household members wash their hands after any visitor (including us) has left.
Our first objective is the safety of our customers and our own staff.
Although we will strictly adhere to the above precautions, it is impossible for anyone to guarantee not transmitting this virus. It is ultimately our customers’ decisions if they want visitors of their homes during this period.
We may update these guidelines at any time as the circumstances may change. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 416-267-9800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by filling out the form on our Contact page!